You can choose any type of vegetables to grow in your garden and it really depends on your dedication and how much space you have. Organic vegetables are those that are grown without chemical fertilizers, sprays, or pesticides. If you use fertilizers, they must be organic and have no growth hormones or chemicals. There are a number of organic vegetables that you can grow in your yard. The following are some of the benefits of growing organic vegetables in your yard:
- Organic vegetables are said to improve your immune system and help your body fight off disease.
- When you grow vegetables in your own garden, then you can be sure of what has been added to the soil and what has not been sprayed on the garden.
- Organic vegetables grown in your own yard have better taste as compared to the non-organic food items bought from the grocers.
- Organic vegetables are superior in taste to shipped or frozen products. Most fruits and vegetables are picked and shipped when they are not ripe so that they will have a longer life in the stores. Being unripe when picked lessens the flavour.
- As no chemicals are used in the production of organic foods, you are not added to environmental pollution. Growing your own organic produce ensure that you are contributing to a safe and healthy environment.
- Growing organic vegetables in your yard can give you a hobby and a wonderful sense of accomplishment when you are able to reap the harvest and place wholesome food on your table.